Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I like John Mackey, but...

You gotta be pretty dumb as a CEO to try and pump your stock on Yahoo message boards...
Rahodeb [Mackey's wife's name backwards...] began posting messages about Whole Foods shares on Yahoo.com in the late 1990s. He quickly gained a reputation as being one of the stock's biggest cheerleaders, and gamely defended himself when other posters chastised him for being too rosy. "I've never pretended to be anything but enthusiastic about WFMI," he wrote in 2000, using Whole Foods' stock symbol. "I admit to my bias -- I love the company and I'm in for the long haul. I shop at Whole Foods. I own a great deal of its stock. I'm aligned with the mission and values of the company... Is there something wrong with this?"

Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker