Thursday, November 11, 2004

Patriotic TV viewing?

No, I'm not talking about the "O'Reilly Factor." Heather Havrilesky takes in Last Letters Home, a heart-wrenching HBO documentary set to air on Friday.

After reading her son's letter out loud, Cathy Heighter explains, "The minute that I opened this letter and read it, my heart sank from the very first line. Because I had never heard my son write this way, speak this way. He had never expressed himself in this manner, so I knew that there was something terribly wrong, something going on inside of him that he felt the need to let me know that he was thinking of me in this moment and how much he loved me ... Two days later, they came to tell me that my son had been killed in Iraq. Which just ... I went crazy. [Starts crying.] I'm sorry."

Link

Read the letters

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker